Monday, February 25, 2008

Since Last We Met . . .

It occurs to me that I haven't been blogging much lately. Well, THAT needs to change, I know. One thing I have always noticed, though, is that when things are going along pretty well, I don't seem to feel as creative. I think I get complacent. Like when I used to date the duddiest duds I could find, man . . . I could write the hell out of some angsty love poetry. But put me in a happy, stable marriage, and suddenly the most creative thing I can come up with is, "You're really cool. And hot, too."

Anyway. All that is just to say that I haven't been NOT blogging because there's some horrible catastrophe and I just can't publicly discuss it. On the the contrary, there are some great things going on right now.

One great thing is that I have stopped being a domestic violence prosecutor, and am now just a regular ol' crime prosecutor. Glory be, I cannot tell you how this switch lightens the mental load around here. I am not, shall we say . . . nurturing, and dealing with victims day in and day out did not play to my strengths. I think this new position does. Play to my strengths, that is. It's a good thing.

Another good thing going on around here is that I have been elected as an elder in my church. This is kind of cool. I feel like pulling a Sally Field and crying, "They like me! They really like me!" But I'll refrain. Who knows how long they will like me once they get a load of some of my wacky ideas. Maybe I'll be impeached, who knows. I'm sure this whole elder thing will be good blog fodder in the months to come, and if they DO finally let me in on the secret handshake, I will SO pass it on to you.

Oh! Here's something I'm SUPER excited about: I learned how to make good pizza dough. Seriously, you have no idea how long that has been bothering me.

This is my last week of tutoring, and I have big plans for all the free time I'm going to have from now on. There's a sewing class AND violin lessons in my future.

And finally, next week, hopefully Monday, I'm takin' a plunge that I've been talking about for months. It's going to be the coolest of all cool things, I just know it. Stay tuned -- there will be pictures.

1 comment:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I need to try that pizza dough1 I am psyched for you that you found the secret!

I am intrigued by the end of your email! I can't wait to hear what it is!