Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Employed!

You should all feel sorry for my poor little blog, abandoned here for over a WEEK while I jaunt off to a shiny new job.

The job, well . . . I'm not sure how shiny it really is.  It's hard to wrap my mind around a position in which I am hired for a maximum of nine months and not a minute more.  It feels not much like a real job.  Sort of "job-ish," if you will.   So the job search continues, because I don't know about you, but I hope to live a lot longer than nine more months.

I was terribly worried about adjusting again to the working life, but I think I'm doing ok.  In fact, it occurred to me earlier this evening that I have WAY more energy than when I was at home all day.  And more energy is a good thing, because boy howdy, have things picked up around here.  I shall be filling you in on some exciting new things in the next few days.

In the meantime, have a gander at a moment from my first days of work at My New Job-ish Activity.

Co-worker:  So, how many kids do you have?

Me:   None.

CoW:   None?!?

Me: No, not yet -- maybe eventually, but I'm getting kind of old, I guess.  (me, chuckling at my own attempt at a little self-deprecating humor)

CoW:   Why, how old are you?

Me:   38.

CoW:   Oh.  Yeah, you are getting kind of old.

Awesome.

Well, awesome-ish.

No comments: