Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mornings With Ballerinas

I'm trying to get started out on the right foot with this whole job business, to stay on top of things and get my life in order.  I admit that my house is an unholy mess, and there may or may not have been a little snafu with the water bill this week, but that's okay!  Because I've gone to the YMCA to work out EVERY MORNING this week before work.

It works out pretty well for me -- the downtown Louisville Y is right around the corner from my on-ramp, they have excellent water pressure in the locker room showers, and their hair dryers are better than the one I have at home.

There's just one problem:  ballerinas.

The place has a morning ballerina infestation.  As in, actual, real live dancers with the Louisville Ballet.  Coming to MY Y  and clogging up the elliptical machines with their hair in cute little buns, and their perfect posture, and their ballerina gossip.

I have nothing against the ballet, mind you.  I don't even hold a grudge for how mean Baryshnikov was to Carrie on Sex and the City.  But at 7:00 a.m.?  When I'm trudging along on an elliptical?  Looking how I look in sweatpants, no makeup, and slept-on hair?  It's all just a little hard to take.

I have to admit, though, I find them FASCINATING.  Apparently, they report to all day rehearsals of different types, and eat lunch together, and a certain number of them cry every day.  And I don't mean to gossip, but there is a certain male dancer who doesn't have the arm strength to do lifts correctly, and he should really work on his hand position, and holding the girl he is attempting to lift closer to his body so he can use technique to balance out his lack of strength for the lift.  Someone should really tell him before he ruins EVERYTHING.

I don't think they ever eat.

I'm going to tough it out for awhile, but seriously -- if anyone knows how to handle a ballerina infestation, please, for the love of all that is holy, let me know.

3 comments:

Daisy Sneed said...

Just like the cheerleaders, got to have the correct hand position!!!! Hang in there,you never know what you might learn!

Inside Out said...

I just laughed so hard I almost peed! Now see, that sounds like a topic I would discuss on an eliptical. I used to be a ballerina so one day, they too, will talk about peeing and laughing. So let's see.....I'd say wait it out but the ballet is always in town. I know!!! Start a new blog about it. A whole blog, not just a topic for one day.

Wait!

Hondro says to go to "Anastasia" and tell her that you overheard "Julian" (whose arms are weak) while he was on the eliptical and he said that the reason he was having such a hard time with those lifts is because she is so bow legged.

You would have the most awesome reality show unfold before your eyes. There would be tears and gossip and all sorts of drama. Hmmmmm, what would we call it? "Daily Plie" (That's Plee-ay. I just have no idea how to spell it.) Or how about "Ballet Blab" or "Petty Pirhouettes" (That is PETTY, not PRETTY Peer-oo-wets). I really was a ballerina until I was 17. And up until now, I thought I was good at spelling too.

Todd said...

the answer is: kenpo