Monday, January 28, 2008

It's a Scarf, It's a Shawl . . .

. . . it's Clapotis!



Ooh, I am loving this project. It's the first thing I've done in a long time that turned out exactly as I had hoped. It took me just about a month to knit, but I skipped lots of knitting days, especially in the beginning before it got fun.

I finished it yesterday, and wore it today just tossed around my neck like a scarf. It kept me snuggly warm in my frigid conference room (actually, I got a bit warm, but if you repeat that, I'll deny it to the death), and I got lots of compliments. And I think this Spring, it will be a perfect little shawl over lighter clothes.



We celebrated the finished Clapotis tonight with the first test of a new (to me) pizza dough recipe, which I linked to over in the sidebar. Like the Clapotis, it was lots of trouble, but well worth it.

1 comment:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

It's beautiful! I hope to see it in person this weekend!