If you are someone who has known me for very long at all, you know there are at least two things that I can never resist (well, three, if you count Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns) -- home retail parties (think Tupperware, candles, Pampered Chef, etc.) and those Learn More About Your Friends e-mails that people send 'round periodically.
So when I got the blogiverse equivalent of one of those e-mails, challenging me to a little two-by-two action (how's that for yet another exciting search term possibility?), I couldn't resist.
So . . . here goes:
Two Names You Go By:
1. Kara -- because that's what my mom named me!
2. Madame Prosecutor -- when Louisville's own Wacky Wiccan Judge is on the bench.
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. Black Mary Jane Danskos -- the most comfortable shoe in the universe.
2. Fish-netty black cardigan -- if I just painted my fingernails black, I'd look like Louisville's own Wacky Wiccan Prosecutor!
Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. Challenge -- I've never enjoyed conversations -- okay, arguments -- with anyone as much as with my husband, who is smarter than me on almost every subject. (I say almost, because he is woefully ignorant about all things Buffy.)
2. Comfort -- It's amazing to have someone whose job it is to always be on your side!
Two of Your Favorite Things to Do
1. Lay (lie? who knows, really?) on the couch with a new, really long book (the new Harry Potter, for instance, which I would have already reserved if only I could figure out which Snape sticker I want. Snape -- friend or foe? Again, I say, who knows, really?)
2. Go on long drives in hokey little towns with my husband. Except to Eminence. Eighteen years in that hokey little town was plenty.
Two Things You Want Very Badly at This Moment
1. The ability to orb myself home.
2. Red cowboy boots. I'm gonna just keep sayin' it until I get 'em.
Two Pets You Have or Had
1. Sam the Best Dog Ever -- rescued from the Humane Society about three years ago, and an integral part of the household.
2. Penny the Wonder Puppy -- rescued in March from the pound, and has already survived a life-threatening illness and her first camping trip.
Two People Who Will Fill This Out First
1. Kelley. The only person besides Jennifer who I know reads this blog and actually has one herself.
2. My mom, from whom I inherited the love of e-mail quizzes.
Two Things You Did Last Night
1. Made chicken tacos for dinner.
2. Sorted through my new stack of library books, trying to decide what to read first.
Name Two Chores That You Do Not Like Doing
1. Laundry -- it involves going to the basement, which I despise. One time falling down those steps was enough for me, thank you.
2. Cleaning the bathroom -- really, does anyone REALLY like this? Ew.
Two Things You Ate Today
1. Bran cereal with raisins. Boy howdy, I know you are jealous of that one.
2. Beer. (At least, I'm planning to, right after work.) It's Friday, and yes, Beer Is Food.
Two People You Talked to Last
1. My office-mate, Liza
2. My lovely husband
Two Things You are Doing Tomorrow
1. Working in the Domestic Violence Intake Center. Good time, that.
2. Relaxing, and maybe watching a movie. Because I'm old, and I need to relax on Saturday night.
Two Favorite Holidays
1. Christmas. It's too stressful and too much work, and I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I WILL NEVER ATTEMPT TO HAND-KNIT GIFTS FOR MY ENTIRE FAMILY AGAIN, but I love it!
2. March, or The Lewis Family Birthday Stretch-Out Month. A holiday just for my own little household.
Two Favorite Beverages
1. Mojitos . Mint and sugar cane, what's not to love?
2. Diet Coke. Some things are just classic.