Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Shawl of Many Colors

For the past few months, I've been kind of "meh" about my various craft projects.

You heard me: MEH.

The "It" dress is too hard, quilting is WAY too hard, and knitting . . . well, knitting is hot. Plus, I had determined that the yarn stash is a bit out of control and it needed to be weaned down a bit before any new yarn purchases could be made.

But the other day, while pondering, yet again, the virtues of being a hippy versus being "mod," I was inspired. I had visions of an oh-so-cool, so-ugly-its-cute shawl made of granny squares. The kind of thing that Dharma's mom would have worn.

So, I gathered the stash, and "commenced ta grannyin!" Here's what I have so far:




The plan? Well, we're going kind of loosey-goosey on this one.
Step One: Granny until there's no stash left.
Step Two: Tie those suckers together in some sort of shawl-like shape.
Step Three: Throw it over my shoulders and embrace my inner hippy.

I'll keep you updated, but I have high hopes for this one.

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I think it will be really cool! I can't wait to see it!

Kelley said...

You should join the granny along (http://grannyalong.blogspot.com)
They would love that there! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I started making grannies out of my stash several months ago, but I don't have patience for all the color changes. I guess I should make a bunch of solid squares...

sister Kim said...

I'll be sitting by the computer to see this creation. Love the colors. YOu know your family loves anything you make to give to them, hint. ha