Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adding Things Up

If you've looked over to the right lately, you may have noticed that I've linked to a site called 101 Things in 1,001 Days.

(You haven't looked over there, have you? You just come in, read the post, and leave, with never a glance at what's over there, don't you? That's okay. I'll tell you if anything interesting pops up.)

Anyway, I stumbled on this while surfing around the ol' internets the other day, and it seemed like the perfect way to combine all my self-improvement projects into one, manageable task. The idea is, you make a list of 101 things you want to do or accomplish, and set a goal of doing them within 1,001 days. The site has a date calculator and everything. (That's almost three years, in case you don't want to calculate.)

The trouble is, I'm having a terrible time coming up with 101 things. I started off strong, #1 was "lose 100 pounds." Then I decided that was going to be waaay too much work to just mark off one thing, so I decided to break it up into #1, 2, 3, and 4.

So then, #5 was "write a novel." Also too much work for one item, so I broke it down into #5, 6, and 7.

From there, the list went downhill pretty fast. Last night, I got up to #75, but that was only by including things like "learn to use liquid eyeliner," and "rent a dumpster and fill it up with stuff from my house." I'm pretty serious about the one that is "wear black fingernail polish," but Todd says that the one "close the priest-stalker case" is too unrealistic, so I'm going to have to take it off.

I guess right now, I'm about 26 items short. Gah. If you have any brilliant ideas, I need 'em before April 1, which is when my 1,001 days starts.

2 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Whew, that is ambitious. I'll let you know if I have any thoughts!

DSS said...

This makes me tired, just thinking about 101 things!!!!!!!!!!! ONe of the things on your list could be "thinking of 101" things!!!!!!!!! It is an interesting concept!