I'm feeling a bit new mommy-ish this morning. We took the plunge and put Penny the Wonder Puppy in the outdoor pen with Sam the Best Dog Ever. She's been in there for some trial runs, but never for a whole day with no one home. I will count the day as a success if none of the following occur:
1. She breaks out and runs free in the neighborhood.
2. She breaks out and runs free to the neighbor who is convinced my entire household is involved in a conspiracy to kill her yippy dog.
3. She breaks out and kills the neighbor's yippy dog.
4. She gets a sunburn on the shaved part of her ass. (Don't ask, it's a long story. Just hope it all grows back.)
5. She bites one of Sam's ears completely off.
6. She drives Sam crazy and we find him this afternoon drooling and banging his head against his house.
Any of those is a distinct possibility, I'm telling you.
Really, I had no idea what the addition of one little puppy would do to our household. I think that I thought we were all such a mess anyway that it couldn't get any worse. The truth, however, was that we really WEREN'T a mess before, but now we ARE.
Someone please remind me of this the next time I watch E-Vet Interns and demand a Great Dane puppy. Or come home from dinner at Jonathan's Mommy's house and think that kids might be kind of cute, after all.
Both dogs completely foiled any attempt to watch the Mormon special last night. Seriously, that story is convoluted enough without having your toes chewed off while trying to watch it.