Friday, April 20, 2007

If Everybody Jumped Off a Bridge . . .

. . . apparently, I would, too! I'm jumping on the blog bandwagon, arriving late to the blog party, etc., etc. I think I have stuff to say, and this seems like as good a place as any to say it.

So . . . who am I? I'm just me, really. I'm a thirtysomething lawyer, married to another thirtysomething lawyer, raising two dogs and two cats. At home, I knit, crochet and sew, enjoy cooking way too much, practice my musical instruments way too little, and generally stew about the state of the world.

In my younger days, (ah, the joys of being a twentysomething . . . ) I aspired to be a writer. I can remember confidently saying that I planned to publish my first novel by the time I was 25. Um . . . not so much. In fact, I have realized that the older I get, the more satisified with my life I am, the less motivation I have to actually sit down and write. But part of me still has the itch. Maybe this forum will help.

Another change as I get older? I am much more . . . "proud," maybe? . . . or, let's say, "sassy" . . . about my liberal, wanna-be activist leanings. (Of course, I realize that a "wanna-be" activist is one of the silliest things ever to be. How the hell can one be a passive activist? Yeah, it doesn't really work.) I need an outlet for the occasional, leftist rant.

Overall, I have a pretty good life. It seems appropriate to talk about it, so that's what I'm gonna do. If anybody wants to come along for the ride, so much the better.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

And you are being watched. JBF