Thursday, November 13, 2008

We're Scraping the Bottom of the Post Barrel, Folks

Lordy, lord, great googly moogly, etc., etc. I am POOPED. I'm telling you -- plumb-TUCKERED!

This has been one long week. I've had church meetings three nights, and a fantastically-expensive-face-care-product party tonight. AND tomorrow night I'm cooking a birthday dinner for my dad, AND I have to work Saturday, AND I have plans with Little on Sunday.

So, while I had been pondering a nice, thoughtful post about how we all have special gifts and how we use those gifts to enrich one another's lives, I'm just too dad-gumbed tired to think about any gifts right now.

Instead, you get this mildly amusing tidbit:

Tuesday night, at one of the church meetings, we listened to a presentation on how to attract new members to the church. It was actually a pretty fun presentation; he suggested a nickname, HBPres.net, rather than our actual church name, Harvey Browne Memorial Presbyterian Church. And he told us about a bumper sticker campaign, with some suggested bumper stickers.

They were all nice and light-hearted; for example, "Feel Good: HBPres.net" and "No Steeple, Good People: HBPres.net" (my church doesn't have a steeple, get it?).

Another odd little physical fact about my church is that the main entrance doesn't face the street, instead, it's around the back, facing the parking lot. So, he suggested the following bumper sticker:

"HBPres.net: Our back door's our front door."

I have maybe been hanging around the courthouse too long, because that has a decidedly non-churchy connotation to me.

(And Mother, if you don't get it, I'm not explaining this one!)

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm not sure if the back door slogan will attract the crowd those in the meeting had in mind...

DSS said...

No comment!!!!!!!!!

Kelley said...

This post showed me that the expensive skin care party that I thought was next week was this week. I am so dead to Mrs. Lewis, aren't I?