I volunteered to work on a concert that is coming to my church, and I'm in charge of supplying and setting up the "green room" for the musicians. For some reason, this seems totally cool to me. They gave a list of their requirements for the room, and it's pretty reasonable; it includes things like bottled water, fruit juices, veggies and hummus, and precisely two 70% dark chocolate bars.
So, anyway, this got me thinking about what I will demand in my own green room when I am touring with the Led Zeppelin cover band, because, you know, it's never to early to hammer out such details.
Here's the list I have so far:
1. Canned diet cokes, iced down, with cups and crushed ice
2. Bagel Bites, three-cheese variety, slightly overcooked
3. Brownies, fudgy type, with dark chocolate chips
4. One pitcher of beer-ritas, on the rocks, with salt
5. "Everything" flatbread, with Capriole goat cheese
6. Mini ham and cheese quiches
7. One large fleece blanket
8. Assorted magazines (Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Eating Well, etc.)
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs, seasons one through seven
10. One de-clawed cat who likes to be petted and doesn't bite
Yep, I think that would make for one quite cozy green room. Actually, I could just live in such a room if it had maid service as well.